The Swedish Chamber of Commerce for Russia & CIS in cooperation with the Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES) at Uppsala University has founded a degree thesis award of 25,000 SEK. This award will be given for an outstanding thesis in the field of social sciences or humanities that deals with economics, trade, history, political science, cultural studies, etc. in relation to Russia, Ukraine or CIS countries.
To be eligible following conditions have to be met:
- You are an active student at a Swedish university who have completed a degree thesis at the B, C, D or Master level. Alternatively you are no longer a student but submitted your thesis (i.e. you received a final grade on the thesis) maximum two years ago, calculated from application deadline which this year is 2 September 2022.
- You have submitted and received a final grade on your thesis. Your thesis in the field of social sciences or humanities has to deal with economics, trade, political science, history, cultural studies, etc. in relation to Russia, Ukraine or the CIS countries. In the assessment of submitted contributions, relevance and interest for primarily Swedish business will weigh heavily.
- The essay is written in either Swedish or English.
The application must contain:
- The thesis in a pdf format
- A brief summary of the thesis, no longer than one A4 page, including:
- Aim and research question
- Theoretical framework
- Main findings and conclusions
- Your contact details
Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 2 September 2022.
A jury consisting of scholars from the Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies and members of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for Russia & CIS will assess the quality of theses submitted, as well as their thematic relevance for this award.
Award recipient The award recipient will be announced on the websites of the Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies and the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for Russia & CIS. An award ceremony will be held at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for Russia & CIS annual meeting in Stockholm in spring 2023.
Swedish Chamber of Commerce for Russia & CIS
The Swedish-Russian Chamber of Commerce is a member-owned information and contact organization. Our mission is to promote trade and economic cooperation between Sweden and Russia, Ukraine and the CIS countries and serve as a forum for new ideas and exchanges of experience. Our member companies represent a broad spectrum of expertise from business in the region. For more information visit http://swedishrussian.com/
The Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES)
The Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Uppsala University. At IRES, approximately 40 researchers conduct multidisciplinary research in the humanities and social sciences dealing with contemporary and historical developments in Russia and the post-Soviet states. For more information visit www.ires.uu.se
Questions can be addressed to: email@example.com